Emory University, Atlanta, GA
PhD in Philosophy, Graduate Certificate in Women’s Studies
Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA
BA in Philosophy, Magna Cum Laude
Program Officer for Global Technology, Internews (Dec. 2019 - Present)
Internews empowers people worldwide with the trustworthy, high-quality news and information they need to make informed decisions, participate in their communities, and hold power to account.
Principal Consultant, Helfrich Strategies, LLC (June 2015 – Present)
Director of Communications and Culture (Jan. - Dec. 2019)
Communications Director and Program Manager for Diversity & Inclusion (Feb. 2017 – Dec. 2018)
Communications Director (July 2015 – April 2016)
501(c)(3) nonprofit promoting better science through open code.
Co-Founder, recruitHER (July 2015 – July 2016)
A women-owned recruiting and consulting firm committed to connecting diverse talent with opportunities in the tech industry.
Lead Analyst, EvoSure (March 2014 – March 2015)
B2B web technology startup focused on the commercial insurance industry.
Director (July 2011 – Feb. 2014)
Assistant Director (Jan. 2010 – June 2011)
Harvard College Women’s Center, Harvard University
Unit in the Office of Student Life with mission to improve gender equity, women’s leadership, and inclusion and diversity on campus.
Secretary and VP Operations, Women Communicators of Austin (June 2020 - Present)
Founder, Feminist Hack ATX (Lead Organizer, Oct. 2014 – June 2017)
A solution-oriented group for people of all genders, providing actionable resources to combat sexism and support the retention and leadership of women in the tech industry in Austin.
Co-Chair, Women’s Centers Committee, Governing Council ( Nov. 2013 – Nov. 2015)
Co-Chair, Women’s Centers Pre-Conference ( Nov. 2010 – Dec. 2012)
National Women’s Studies Association (NWSA)
Annual conference for over 100 women’s center professionals.
Founder and Coordinator , New England Women’s Centers Conference (Feb. – Nov. 2010)
Annual professional development conference for university women’s center staff.
Committee Service at Harvard
- Office of BGLTQ Student Life Advisory Board Executive Committee, 2013–2014
- Committee on Degrees in Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies (WGSS) Standing Committee, 2012–2014
- Faculty of Arts and Sciences Diversity Committee, 2011–2014
- Dean of Harvard College’s Strategic Planning Committee on Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching and Learning, Feb.–Dec. 2012
- Harvard University Women in Business Advisory Board, 2011–2012
AWARDS & CERTIFICATIONS
PMP Certification, Project Management Institute, License No. 1829020
Fly-In, Austin Startup Week 2013
One of ten people chosen to be flown in as special guests for the inaugural Austin Startup Week.
Lecturer , Committee on Degrees in Studies of Women, Gender, and Sexuality, Harvard University
- Studies of Women, Gender, and Sexuality 1466: Virtue, Vice and Everyday Life
- Studies of Women, Gender, and Sexuality S-43s: Gender, Race, and Ethics in the Twenty-First Century (Summer Seminar and Freshman Seminar)
Adjunct Instructor , Department of Philosophy, Morehouse College
- PHIL 201: Introduction to Philosophy (two sections)
Department of Philosophy, Emory University
- Introduction to Philosophy
- History of Western Philosophy I