Emory University, Atlanta, GA
PhD in Philosophy, Graduate Certificate in Women’s Studies
Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA
BA in Philosophy, Magna Cum Laude
Centre for Technomoral Futures, Edinburgh Futures Institute, University of Edinburgh
Focusing on the ethical implications of present and future advances in AI, machine learning and other data-driven technologies.
Baillie Gifford Programme Manager (July 2022 - present)
Internews empowers people worldwide with the trustworthy, high-quality news and information they need to make informed decisions, participate in their communities, and hold power to account.
Program & Strategy Consultant (July 2022 - present)
Senior Program Officer for Global Technology (Nov 2021 - June 2022)
Program Officer for Global Technology (Dec. 2019 - Oct 2021)
Helfrich Strategies, LLC
Principal Consultant (June 2015 – Present)
501(c)(3) nonprofit promoting better science through open code.
Director of Communications and Culture (Jan. - Dec. 2019)
Communications Director and Program Manager for Diversity & Inclusion (Feb. 2017 – Dec. 2018)
Communications Director (July 2015 – April 2016)
A women-owned recruiting and consulting firm committed to connecting diverse talent with opportunities in the tech industry.
Co-Founder, VP Operations & Marketing (July 2015 – July 2016)
B2B web technology startup focused on the commercial insurance industry.
Lead Analyst (March 2014 – March 2015)
Harvard College Women’s Center, Harvard University
Unit in the Office of Student Life with mission to improve gender equity, women’s leadership, and inclusion and diversity on campus.
Director (July 2011 – Feb. 2014)
Assistant Director (Jan. 2010 – June 2011)
Member, American Philosophical Association Non-Academic Careers Committee (2021 - 2024 term)
Secretary and VP Operations, Women Communicators of Austin (June 2020 - May 2021)
Founder, Feminist Hack ATX (Lead Organizer, Oct. 2014 – June 2017)
A solution-oriented group for people of all genders, providing actionable resources to combat sexism and support the retention and leadership of women in the tech industry in Austin.
National Women’s Studies Association (NWSA)
Annual conference for over 100 women’s center professionals.
Co-Chair, Women’s Centers Committee, Governing Council (Nov. 2013 – Nov. 2015)
Co-Chair, Women’s Centers Pre-Conference (Nov. 2010 – Dec. 2012)
Founder and Coordinator, New England Women’s Centers Conference (Feb. – Nov. 2010)
Annual professional development conference for university women’s center staff.
Committee Service at Harvard
- Office of BGLTQ Student Life Advisory Board Executive Committee, 2013–2014
- Committee on Degrees in Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies (WGSS) Standing Committee, 2012–2014
- Faculty of Arts and Sciences Diversity Committee, 2011–2014
- Dean of Harvard College’s Strategic Planning Committee on Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching and Learning, Feb.–Dec. 2012
- Harvard University Women in Business Advisory Board, 2011–2012
AWARDS & CERTIFICATIONS
PMP Certification, Project Management Institute, License No. 1829020
Fly-In, Austin Startup Week 2013
One of ten people chosen to be flown in as special guests for the inaugural Austin Startup Week.
Lecturer, Committee on Degrees in Studies of Women, Gender, and Sexuality, Harvard University
- Studies of Women, Gender, and Sexuality 1466: Virtue, Vice and Everyday Life
- Studies of Women, Gender, and Sexuality S-43s: Gender, Race, and Ethics in the Twenty-First Century (Summer Seminar and Freshman Seminar)
Adjunct Instructor, Department of Philosophy, Morehouse College
- PHIL 201: Introduction to Philosophy (two sections)
Department of Philosophy, Emory University
- Introduction to Philosophy
- History of Western Philosophy I